Monday 1 September 2014

“Thinking Cap” - How many times I have been ambushed with this term? My simple counting skills also fail to acknowledge that. When in thinking mode will still believe I’m wearing it, cause have been so much fed on this term. A 'thinking cap' was previously known by the appealing name as 'considering cap'. The figure who comes to mind when wondering such a cap is Sherlock Holmes. There's no record of his wearing a cap to accompany the jacket though. Nevertheless, such caps possibly did exist. The 'considering cap' is explained at great length, in fiction at least, in The History of Little Goody Two-Shoes, 1765, which usefully includes an etching too. I can't find any concrete record of actual considering or thinking caps. Nevertheless, the metaphor must have arisen for a reason and the use of real thinking caps is as good a reason as any. Citations which include lines like "I must put on my thinking cap" are ambiguous as it is difficult to determine whether they refer to actual headgear. I'll pass this one over to the archaeologists. The one I wore was imaginary one although researchers have recently built something that sounds a lot like a real one. Using a simple form of electrical stimulation, it seems to speed up the brain's natural learning process. Given a chance will still go for my imaginary one as there is no end of making myself handicap to the easiest.
THINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINKTHINK

When two airplanes almost collide why do they call it a near miss? It sounds like a near hit to me!

Why do you press harder on the remote-control when you know the battery is dead?

Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?

Why is carrot more orange than an orange?

Why are they called buildings when they are already finished? Shouldn't they be called builts?


Strangely no answers are to be awaited in this as they should only make you ponder….

No comments:

Post a Comment